WEEKEND MOSAIC WORKSHOP – Full days
Do you want to get creative with crockery? This workshop is designed for those of you who would like to indulge in 12hrs or 6hrs of tuition over a single weekend with professional artist and qualified teacher Jessie Yvette Journoud-Ryan. Jessie will walk you through the creation process step-by-step to create your own sculptural mosaic art piece. If you are a Beginner wanting to learn the basic skills (2 days recommended), in order to apply them to larger Mosaic projects in the future, this is the class for you. If you have dabbled in Mosaics before, this may be a refresher opportunity and a means of further experimenting with the medium in order to inspire you for more ambitious pieces in the future.
Main materials will be supplied (tools, adhesives, a selection of the artist's own tile and crockery collection, and a descriptive easy to follow 10 step guide to creating your own mosaic artwork), but you will need to provide your own favourite crockery, protective gloves for grouting, an old towel and a hammer.
Classes are limited to 6 places to ensure individual attention.
- A pre-prepared marine-ply surface (30cm X 30cm) will be provided (and optional).
- You are free to bring along your own pre-prepared surface of any dimension.
- Possibility of a grouting session for works completed prior to the actual weekend.
- The workshop will effectively be booked for 12hrs in total over the weekend, so you can choose what kind of breaks you prefer at any time.
Program each day:
- 2hrs in the morning (10am-12pm)
- 1hr window for lunch (Optional)
- 3hrs in the afternoon (1pm-4pm)
Students may book for a single day only.
12 hours (both days) = $260 per student
6 hours (single day) = $150 per student
TO BOOK TICKETS: Call Burrinja on 03 9754 8723